Permissions and Licensing

Are you streaming services or performances?

Looking for information specifically about streaming and other online performance formats? Read this.


General copyright information

Are you ready to request a license? First, check the copyright at the bottom of your music or on the title page for workbooks and other resources. Please submit any licensing requests through Music Services, Inc. They handle all of our licensing requests, including for educational resources. Their online licensing features will walk you through the process.


You can also submit your request to them by email, fax, or mail. Please note that your request may take longer if you choose one of these options.


Phone:  615-371-1320

Mail:  750 Old Hickory Blvd, Suite 2-202, Brentwood, TN 37027


Making Requests for Congregational Use Easy

Do you find yourself requesting licenses to use our music for congregational singing, bulletins, or worship aids frequently? 


We encourage you to consider a Church Copyright License from Christian Copyright Licensing, Inc. CCLI was established to meet the needs of all churches, providing practical support and services to help them fulfill their moral obligations and protect their rights under the law. Naturally there are some limitations, but for a modest annual fee, a church can legally use songs from many authorized publishers, including the music of The Lorenz Corporation. 


Another great option is One License, which is committed to making it easy for churches to obtain reprint permission and to record all usage for an equitable distribution of royalties to composers and authors. One License includes many significant publishers of hymn texts, hymn tunes, and songs for worship that are not currently represented by any other joint licensing entity. Through One License, churches and religious institutions are able to reproduce words and/or music for the congregation from the catalogs of all of the partnering publishing houses for one annual fee. Similarly, organizations that have daily devotions or worship as part of their annual conventions or conferences can clear all the copyrights they need with a single event license. 

Copyright FAQ

Have a question about copyright or our licensing process? Find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. If you still have questions about copyright and how it pertains to our music, please contact Music Services at or 615-371-1320.

If you would like to make an arrangement, you will need a license from Music Services. CCLI and One License licenses do not cover arrangements.

All works published in the U.S. before 1923 are in the public domain. For anything published 1923 and later, the copyright holder maintains that copyright for the life of the composer plus 70 years.

The licensing process can take approximately 1 to 4 weeks depending on your request and the method of request. Please plan accordingly, and be sure to provide complete information to avoid any delays. Online request and payment: approximately 1 to 2 weeks Mail, fax, or email: approximately 2 to 3 weeks after your request is received Master use licensing: approximately 3 to 4 weeks *For the latest information, please refer to Music Services's website. The Lorenz Corporation is not responsible for any changes to this time table.

Unfortunately, neither we nor Music Services are able to provide original copies for any permanently out-of-print items. In order to obtain a license to reproduce an out-of-print work, you must own an original copy.